|Bacon Scallops and Hollandaise || ||
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 35 mins
- 4 pieces bacon
- 1 Roma tomato
- 1 stick butter
- 3 egg yolks
- 1-2 T. lemon juice
- STP (kosher Salt, Tonys and Pepper)
- 1 lb. scallops
- Olive oil
- Cook 4 pieces of bacon until crisp and then crumble. Set aside.
- Dice one tomato, removing the seeds. Toss with a pinch of salt and set aside.
- Place raw scallops on a platter. Sprinkle both sides with STP.
- Melt one stick of butter in a small saucepan, until it begins to foam. Remove from heat.
- Place 3 egg yolks into a blender. Add a pinch of salt, Tony’s and pepper. Add one tablespoon lemon juice. Blend on high for about 30 seconds. Remove the center cap from the lid and slowly pour in the melted butter while blending on high. Pour in all but the foam. It will quickly form a cream sauce. Turn off the blender and taste. Blend in more STP or lemon juice, as needed.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Place the scallops in the pan and cook for about 5 minutes, until they form a nice crust. Turn and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- To plate, spoon the hollandaise sauce on a plate or individual appetizer dish. Place a scallop on top. Garnish with crumbled bacon and diced tomato.
Recipe by Zestuous at http://www.zestuous.com/2011/06/bacon-scallops-and-hollandaise/