- 1 part sugar
- 1 part water
- Place the sugar and water a pot over medium-high heat.
- Stir, until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat and store in an airtight container.
- If you realize you need a batch at the last minute, you can cool it quickly by pouring it into a plastic or metal bowl. Then, place that bowl into a larger bowl filled with ice water. Stir the syrup, until it cools, about 3 minutes.
- I usually make this with ½ cup sugar and a ½ cup water, but you can increase or decrease the batch, as needed.
Preparation time: 2 minute(s)
Cooking time: 5 minute(s)