I’ve been invited to compete in Saucy Mama’s Sliced Recipe Contest. Do you watch Chopped on Food Network? It’s kind of along the same concept.
There are three rounds: Appetizer, Entrée and Dessert. In each round, I’ll be given a secret ingredient that I must highlight in the dish. Another required ingredient: an array of Saucy Mama Mustards: Hatch Chili, Creamy Garlic and Dill.
Okay…did you get that? Mustard and a dessert round. Ha! I can’t wait. I have to make it through the first two rounds with some stunningly delicious easy-to-make recipes before I get to tackle dessert, but I’ve already been experimenting because I know that will be the hardest round.
There are 25 competitors, including Zestuous. Their sites are listed here. Pay them a visit and check out their saucy entries.
We’ll receive our first secret ingredient June 3, and our appetizer recipes have to be posted on our blogs by June 10. What’s so great about this contest, other than the amazingly fun challenge, is that you get to join in on the fun.
YOU CAN WIN TOO
My full recipes will be posted on Zestuous with my traditional step-by-step photos…and you’ll have the chance to win a package of the three Saucy Mama mustards so you can create all of the competitors’ dishes yourself. The rules for the giveaway contest are listed below.
If you don’t think you’ll win because your luckiest moment is when you found a heads-up penny in the Wal-Mart parking lot, your luck has changed. All Zestuous followers can order Saucy Mama Mustard with a 25% discount. Just visit this link and use discount code CHR25. Shipping is free for all orders over $50.
So, are you ready for the saucy ride? Do I have some cheerleaders out there? Give me a Z. Give me an E. Give me an S…okay okay…you don’t really have to jump up and do the wave, but I hope you have as much fun with this contest as I do. I sure don’t want to get “Sliced!”
Saucy Mama Giveaway Rules
Prize: A 9-oz. bottle of Saucy Mama Creamy Garlic Mustard, Dill Mustard and Hatch Chili Mustard. The mustards will be shipped to you directly from Barhyte Specialty Foods.
Ways to Enter:
Starting June 1:
- Share this link: http://www.zestuous.com/category/sliced on Facebook
- Tweet: @Zestuous is one #SaucyMama. She’s competing in the @SaucyMamaCafe #Sliced Recipe Contest. Follow the challenge at http://www.zestuous.com/category/sliced
- Follow the Zestuous Sliced board on Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/zestuous/saucy-mamas-sliced/
Round 1, the Zestuous appetizer recipe for BACONuts is posted at http://www.zestuous.com/2013/06/baconuts/.
- Share the Zestuous appetizer recipe on Facebook
- Share the Zestuous appetizer recipe on Pinterest
- Share the Zestuous appetizer recipe on Twitter
Round 2, the Zestuous entree recipe for Garlic Chile Skirt Steak is posted at http://www.zestuous.com/2013/06/garlic-chile-skirt-steak-with-fresh-green-bean-salsa-and-compound-butter/.
- Share the Zestuous entree recipe on Facebook
- Share the Zestuous entree recipe on Pinterest
- Share the Zestuous entree recipe on Twitter
Round 3, the Zestuous recipe for Chocolate Stout Pretzel Toffee Bars is posted at http://www.zestuous.com/2013/07/chocolate-stout-pretzel-toffee-bars/.
- Share the Zestuous dessert recipe on Facebook
- Share the Zestuous dessert recipe on Pinterest
- Share the Zestuous dessert recipe on Twitter
- There are multiple ways to enter (listed above). Each time you enter, post a separate comment at the bottom of this blog post. Each entry will be counted individually, giving you more chances to win.
- Each comment will be numbered in order, and the winner will be selected using a random number generator.
- I will reply to your comment to let you know that you won. You’ll need to contact me within 24 hours with your mailing address.
- If I don’t hear from you in 24 hours, I will pick another winner.
- This giveaway is open to those in the continental U.S.
- The giveaway starts immediately.
- The giveaway ends at 8 p.m. PST Friday, July 12, 2013.