By Christie Vanover | Published October 20, 2013 | Last Updated December 28, 2022
This cheesy dip combines the flavors of football season in one bite! Brats, beer, mustard, sauerkraut and cheese. This is one of those dips that people will ask you to make week after week, game after game.
I used 3 brat links, but you could definitely use more, if you want your dip even meatier. For the beer, I went with Stella Artois, but any light / blonde beer will do. Add in loads of sharp cheddar cheese and some cream cheese for extra creaminess.
You want to cook this slow and low. That will guarantee a creamy, non-gritty dip.
Then, to really bring the flavors together, I used Saucy Mama Smoky Garlic Mustard. Saucy Mama has an amazing variety of mustard flavors. So far, this one is my fave! Their Brat Mustard would work great, too.
I’ve been working with Saucy Mama for a few months now, and I’m so impressed with their passion for food and their generosity to share that passion with others.
Whip up a batch of this Beer-n-Brat Cheese Dip at your next football bash or tailgate party and snap a photo showing your sauciness!
Beer-n-Brat Cheese Dip
- 3 links bratwurst
- 1 bottle beer
- 1 10- oz. block cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 4 ozs. cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons Saucy Mama Smoky Garlic Mustard
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. course ground black pepper
- ½ cup sauerkraut
- 1 ciabatta loaf
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- Remove the brats from the casing and cook in a saucepot over medium-low heat, until cooked through.
- Remove the cooked meat from the pot and pour out the grease. Add the beer to the pot and warm over medium-low heat.
- Toss together the shredded cheddar cheese and flour.
- Add to the warm beer along with the cream cheese. Whisk over medium-low heat, until melted.
- Stir in the Saucy Mama Smoky Garlic Mustard, salt and pepper.
- Squeeze the liquid from the sauerkraut. Add the kraut to the cheese dip and stir to combine. Keep over low heat, stirring occasionally, until read to serve.
- Slice the ciabatta bread about ¾-inch thick. Cut each slice in half. Arrange on a pan and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt. Broil in the oven for 3-4 minutes, until brown.
- Transfer the dip into a bowl surrounded by bread and serve.
This estimate was created using an online nutrition calculator