By Christie Vanover | Published October 15, 2011 | Last Updated December 28, 2022
There are so many cute Halloween treat ideas floating around on food blogs this month. My favorite recipe so far is Six in the Suburbs’ adorable Chocolate and Peanut Butter Acorns. Sumptuous Spoonfuls just compiled a list of more than 20 Super Fun and Spooky Halloween Foods, and Love from the Oven is featuring nearly 40 yummy Candy Corn Treats.
Foodies have been festive, and I wanted to join in on the fun. This is a really easy dish for kids to make, but it’s equally appropriate for an adult cocktail party. Happy Halloween!
Candy Corn Toast Points
- 6 pieces of bread
- 4 slices of Colby jack cheese
- 4 slices yellow cheese cheddar, American
- 4 slices white cheese Monterey jack, mozzarella, Swiss, pepperjack
- Using a cookie cutter, cut two candy corns out of each slice of bread. Spread each cutout with butter.
- Stack three slices of cheese (one of each color) and cut with the cookie cutter.
- Using a knife, cut the cheese stack into thirds.
- Traditional candy corns are yellow, orange and then white, so place the Colby jack cheese section on the bottom, place the yellow cheese in the middle and use the white cheese as the tip (or alternate as you please).
- Place them on a sheet pan and bake at 425 degrees for 8 minutes. Sprinkle with kosher salt and serve warm.
This estimate was created using an online nutrition calculator