This post may contain affiliate links which help support Zestuous.
My goal was to develop a dish that still gave me the satisfaction as though I was eating something naughty. I splurged on some steamed crabmeat and went all green goddess-like with a creamy avocado.
Instead of sugar, which is often used in dressing, I continued my natural kick with sweet fresh, raw corn.
But a dish can’t be Zestuous without a little heat, so I had to grab a jalapeno, some Old Bay Seasoning, and my favorite accent to avocados: Tabasco green pepper sauce.
Finally, a little cabbage for crunch and texture.
Note to chefs: Inspect your crabmeat before mixing it in or your little crunch might not be just from the cabbage. I had a couple of unexpected shells in my crab. I would have totally been kicked off of MasterChef for that faux pas.
You can serve this salad in a scooped out avocado shell, or wrap it in tortillas to make pinwheels. Or if you want to be really naughty, scoop it on top of a grilled filet mignon or grilled halibut steak.
No butter, no cream, just loads of fiber, protein and heart-healthy unsaturated fat.
Crab Avocado Salad
- 1 avocado
- 2 ears corn
- 1 jalapeno, seeded
- juice of 2 limes
- ½ tsp. Old Bay Seasoning
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. Tabasco green sauce
- 8 ozs. cooked crab meat
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- Remove the kernels from the corn. Place half of the kernels in a food processor with the avocado, jalapeno, limejuice, seasoning, salt and Tabasco sauce. Puree until smooth.
- In another bowl, combine the crab, cabbage, remaining corn kernels and avocado sauce.
- Serve in an avocado shell and sprinkle with more Old Bay and Tabasco sauce.
- Or spread on tortillas to make pinwheels.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.