By Christie Vanover | Published May 20, 2011 | Last Updated December 28, 2022
This is one of my favorite summertime recipes. The batter is soft and light with a subtle hint of lemon, but when you add the lemon icing the cake becomes a bright, crunchy sunshine of flavor that complements any summer day.
The recipe described below is for mini Lemon Crunch Cakes, which are beautiful for Army socials; however, you can make the cake in a large, shallow pan, as well. The best secret ingredient is your own creativity.
Lemon Crunch Cake
- 1 stick ½ cup butter
- 160 grams ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs beaten
- zest of 1 lemon
- 185 grams 1 ½ cups flour
- 55 grams ¼ cup milk
- juice of 1 lemon
- 100 grams ½ cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl, beat together butter and ¾ cup sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Gradually beat in eggs. Stir in lemon zest. Fold in flour, alternately with milk.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop batter into mini tart dishes. Place a towel on the counter; then slightly tap each dish onto the towel to level the batter.
- Place the dishes on a baking sheet, and bake for 14 minutes.
- While the cakes are baking, make the icing. In a small bowl, mix together lemon juice and ½ cup sugar. When the cakes have finished baking, spoon the icing over hot cakes. Allow to cool so the icing hardens for a slight crunch.
This estimate was created using an online nutrition calculator
Show Me the StarsDid you love it? Be sure to leave a rating and comment.
Corey @ Family Fresh Meals says
These looks so beautiful. I imagine them tasting just like summer 🙂
Wow. I absolutely adore anything lemony and these little cakes look delicious as well as totally adorable! I love the sound of the sugary crunch on top, lovely recipe and beauuuttiful photography 🙂
Lady J says
These are soo pretty and they look sooo good… I’m going to bookmark this and make them soon! 😉
These look incredible!! I am definitely going to make them this summer… what a perfect summery treat!