By Christie Vanover | Published September 18, 2011 | Last Updated November 29, 2023
To make Mango Chutney Chicken, place the chicken into a baking dish and season with salt and pepper. Pour the chutney over the chicken. Cover with foil or a lid and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes, or until the meat reaches 180 degrees. Remove the foil and continue to cook for five more minutes. Serve over rice.
Mango Chutney ~
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup onion minced
- 1 scallion minced
- ¼ cup orange bell pepper minced
- 1 mango diced (about 1 ½ cups)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar honey or sugar
- Place spices in a pan over medium high heat and allow to toast for 2-3 minutes. Right when it starts to smoke, it’s ready.
- Add the olive oil to the pan and heat for about 1 minute.
- Add the onion, scallion and pepper to the pan and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the mango, vinegar and nectar and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
The nutrition information is an estimate created using an online nutrition calculator