By Christie Vanover | Published March 11, 2012 | Last Updated December 28, 2022
Save your St. Patty’s Day calories for green beer. Start off with 2 Shamrock Fried Eggs ~ less than 200 calories.
Here’s a fun breakfast for St. Patrick’s Day.
A few days ago, I saw a photo posted on Facebook where someone fried eggs inside of some beautiful, colorful red and yellow peppers. That gave me the idea to fry up eggs in green peppers shaped like clovers.
When you go to the market, look at the base of the peppers and pick out the ones with four humps to resemble a lucky four-leaf clover.
Depending on the size of the peppers and the eggs, the egg white might ooze over or under the edges while frying, but you can clean up the final presentation before serving.
Shamrock Fried Eggs
- 1 green bell pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Mrs. Dash seasoning
- Slice the peppers into rings.
- Melt butter in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Place the pepper rings in the pan and flip once.
- Crack an egg inside each pepper ring.
- Season with Mrs. Dash and salt.
- Cover with a lid and cook until the yolk reaches your desired doneness.
- Remove from the pan, clean edges, plate and serve.
This estimate was created using an online nutrition calculator