This post may contain affiliate links which help support Zestuous.
Don’t let the heat of Jamaican Jerk intimidate you. This Slow Cooker Jamaican Jerk Chicken and Rice recipe is finished off with a creamy dressing to tame the spice and freshen each bite.
That’s what Zestuous flavors are all about – introducing you to spicy foods, by making them mild with the balance of cream.
When cooking chicken in a crock-pot, you don’t want to overcook it or it will become rubbery. Four breasts will cook up perfectly in 4 hours.
The jerk flavors in this dish come from both Jerk seasoning and Jerk wing sauce. My favorite seasoning is Gigi Ann’s and my favorite sauce is Saucy Mama’s Jamaican Jerk Wing Sauce.
You can make rice on the side, but if you have the opportunity to add it to the slow cooker half way through, the Jamaican Jerk flavors will really absorb into every grain.
Then, finish off the rice and chicken breast with a drizzle of creamy bleu cheese…or if you’re a bleu cheese hater (I know there are some out there), substitute ranch dressing.
Slow Cooker Jamaican Jerk Chicken
- 1 white onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 chicken breasts, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons Jamaican Jerk seasoning
- 1 bottle Saucy Mama Jamaican Jerk Wing Sauce
- 2 cups white rice, not instant
- 1 ½ cups water
- ½ cup Bleu Cheese or Ranch dressing
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 green onions, diced
- Place the chopped white onion and garlic in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Rub the seasoning on the chicken breasts. Place them on top of the onions.
- Add the wing sauce and slow cook for 3 hours.
- Add the rice and water and continue to slow cook for 1 to 1 ½ more hours, until the rice is cooked through.
- In a small bowl, combine the dressing and milk.
- Spoon the rice and a chicken breast onto a plate. Drizzle with the creamy dressing. Sprinkle with diced green onions.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.