By Christie Vanover | Published May 21, 2015 | Last Updated December 29, 2022
I discovered an olive oil and vinegar bar close to my house in Henderson, Nevada. Admittedly, I’m kind of an olive oil snob. I’m the adopted parent of an olive tree in Italy. Each year, my tree is harvested, and Nudo ships me cans of liquid gold.
But now, I’ve come across flavored olive oil that really teased my taste buds at Oil and Vine.
I had the pleasure of interviewing the owner Jennifer Schai. She told me that the number one seller in the store is the Caramelized Garlic Olive Oil. Because it’s an olive oil bar, I was able to sample the oil to see just how special it was.
Wow! I’m a huge fan of roasted garlic, and this oil was packed with the perfect amount of garlic intensity. Without question, I added a bottle to my basket.
Next, I tasted the flavored balsamic vinegars from Modena, Italy. She had me try the summer peach, which is really popular right now. It was thick like a glaze with the perfect balance of acid and fresh peach sweetness. Again, impressed!
I grabbed a bottle of the peach and the crisp Anjou pear. These are so tasty you don’t even need to make a vinaigrette. You can just drizzle the vinegar on the salad along with some olive oil to help coat the leaves.
I immediately rushed home to create this grilled garlic pork loin salad. It’s healthy and packed with flavor. Enjoy.
Grilled Garlic-Pear Pork Loin Salad
- 1 pork loin
- Oil and Vine Caramelized Garlic Olive Oil
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Herbes de Provence
- 6 cups arugula
- 4 ozs. goat cheese
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 6 pre-cooked beets sliced
- Oil and Vine Crisp Anjou Pear Balsamic Vinegar
- Heat the grill to medium-high. Rub the pork loin with the garlic olive oil, salt, pepper and herbes de Provence.
- Grill for 8 minutes.
- Flip. Grill for 8 minutes. Turn the grill to low and continue cooking until it reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
- Remove to cutting board.
- Rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Divide the arugula, goat cheese, celery and beets evenly into 4 bowls. Place sliced pork on top of the salad. Drizzle with garlic olive oil and pear balsamic vinegar. Serve.
This estimate was created using an online nutrition calculator
Leave a Reply