By Christie Vanover | Published January 30, 2015 | Last Updated December 28, 2022
It’s hard to find ways to incorporate veggies into party food. We all put out the traditional crudité platter with ranch dressing, so we can grab an occasional carrot after a few handfuls of chips. Never mind, that we dunk it in ranch first. We just feel good because we’re getting our veggies.
Well, these Caprese Sliders will make you feel even better.
They’re caprese salad (basil, tomato and mozz) partyfied. Layered between King’s Hawaiian Honey Wheat Rolls, the classic combination is then smothered with butter and Italian dressing.
Don’t judge, I said this was party food, not healthy food.
You can bake 24 at a time in a 13×9 pan. And my secret: line the pan with aluminum foil so that it overlaps the sides. When the caprese sliders are done, just grab the foil by the sides and lift these colorful delights straight out of the pan.
For similar slider combinations, try French Onion Beef Sliders or Hawaiian Ham and Swiss Sliders.
Hawaiian Caprese Sliders
- 24 King’s Hawaiian Honey Wheat Rolls
- 1 bunch of fresh basil
- 6 tomatoes sliced
- 16 ounces fresh mozzarella sliced
- 1 stick ½ cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons Italian dressing
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13×9 pan with foil, allowing some to overhang, so you can pull the finished sliders out.
- Cut the rolls in half and place the bottoms in the pan.
- Place basil on top.
- Slice the tomatoes and pat with a paper towel to remove excess moisture. Cover the basil with a single layer of tomatoes.
- Add a layer of sliced mozzarella.
- Combine the melted butter and Italian dressing in a bowl. Pour over the rolls. Cover with foil and let set for 10 minutes.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove the foil and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Lift the foil out of the pan, and serve warm.
This estimate was created using an online nutrition calculator