By Christie Vanover | Published June 5, 2012 | Last Updated December 29, 2022
I’m always looking for pretty, flavorful, easy dishes to make for Army functions. These ham and honey mustard bites have been in my repertoire for years.
I promised myself I was going to write a cookbook while my husband was deployed. Well, as of today, he’s been gone for six months, and I haven’t even started page one. Where does the time go?
While I wish I had a concept started, I am happy time is flying by. And in fact, I’m not totally cookbookless. I wrote a cookbook in 2000 with my favorite recipes ~ some were mine and others were borrowed. I printed it out at Kinkos, had it bound and gave it to friends and family.
I can’t believe that was 12 years ago.
Part of the reason time flies, is that I keep myself really busy. Recently, I had a group of Army ladies over at the house for bunco. It was so fun to host it and prepare a selection of my favorite bite-sized apps.
When creating the menu, I turned to my 2000 cookbook, and among the stained pages was this recipe. It immediately made the cut.
The secret to its goodness is the chive butter and honey mustard dipping sauce. It can be made a day ahead, so you’re not scrambling at the last minute. If you add this to your party arsenal, I promise your guests will be impressed.
Honey Mustard Ham Bites
- 1 can flaky biscuits
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground Grey Poupon Mustard
- 10 slices deli ham
- 2 tablespoons green onions chopped
- ¼ cup butter softened
- 3 tablespoons stone-ground Grey Poupon
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove the biscuits from the can, and cut each biscuit into four pieces.
- With the back of a spoon, spread 1 tablespoon of mustard evenly on top of each biscuit piece.
- Place on a silpat-lined baking sheet and bake for 10-14 minutes, until golden.
- In a small bowl, mix together the onions and butter.
- Separate each biscuit in half and spread the butter mixture on both halves.
- Cut each slice of ham into 4 pieces and sandwich one piece between the biscuit.
- In a small serving bowl, combine the dipping sauce ingredients.
- Serve alongside the tray of sandwiches.
This estimate was created using an online nutrition calculator
Leave a Reply