By Christie Vanover | Published March 4, 2014 | Last Updated December 28, 2022
These simple sausage stuffed mushrooms are packed with Italian flavors and cheeses.
Giardiniera is an Italian combination of pickled vegetables often served on sub sandwiches. Like any good condiment, every sandwich shop has its own “perfect blend.” Some are heavy on the peppers and olives while others feature milder flavors like cauliflower, carrots and celery.
Available in hot and mild, the pickled veggies offer a mix of acid, crunch and heat. Chopped and combined with cream cheese, the flavors really merge.
I’ve been playing around with a giardiniera cream cheese dip since the Super Bowl, but alone, the giardiniera and cream cheese don’t quite cut it.
When Jimmy Dean contacted me and asked me to try out their new sausage crumbles, this whole recipe came together beautifully. All my dip was missing was a little meat.
The sausage crumbles are fully cooked, so I folded them right into the giardiniera and cheeses. I kept eating the dip cold straight out of the bowl as I waited for the oven to pre-heat.
It was great alone, but it was even better stuffed in mushrooms. They were the perfect umami vessels for this creamy little sausage bite. I sprinkled the tops with Parmesan, panko and a dash of Italian seasoning for added texture.
The sausage crumbles come in original, turkey and hot & spicy. Any selection will work great in this recipe.
I popped a few fresh out of the oven…and by a few I mean 12…they were that good!
Giardiniera Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1 cup giardiniera
- 8 ozs. cream cheese
- 1 bag Jimmy Dean Sausage Crumbles
- ½ cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ tsp. Italian seasoning
- 48 baby bella or crimini mushrooms
- Place the giardiniera in a food processor and chop, until the pieces are pea-sized. If you don’t have a food processor, chop with a knife.
- Place the giardiniera in a large bowl. Add the cream cheese,
- Stir well.
- Add in the Jimmy Dean Sausage Crumbles and Italian cheese blend and mix until combined.
- In a small bowl, combine the Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs and Italian seasoning.
- Preheat the oven to 425F degrees.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms and place top side down on a baking sheet. Fill each with a spoonful of the cheese and sausage mixture. Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture on top.
- Bake in a 425-degree oven for 12-14 minutes.
- Serve warm.
This estimate was created using an online nutrition calculator
#spon: I’m required to disclose a relationship between our site and Jimmy Dean. This could include Jimmy Dean providing us w/content, product, access or other forms of payment.