|Chocolate Dipped Cheesecake Filled Strawberries|
- 1 pint strawberries
- 1/2 bag chocolate chips
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 T. powdered sugar
- 1 T. milk
- sliced almonds (optional)
- Wash the strawberries. Then, slice the bottom point off the strawberry, so that it can stand up straight. Next, pluck the stem off. Using a paring knife or strawberry huller, scoop out the top to make room for the cheesecake.
- This is the most important step…dry off the strawberries individually with paper towels. If the strawberries are wet, the chocolate will not stick.
- Melt the chocolate in a double broiler or microwave. (Note: if using a microwave, only melt it in 20-second increments to make sure it doesn’t burn). I use Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips.
- Line a cookie sheet (that will fit in your freezer) with waxed paper or a Silpat. Dip the bottom half of each strawberry into the melted chocolate and place on the lined pan. Once the pan is full, place it in the freezer for about 5 minutes or until the chocolate has hardened.
- While the chocolate is cooling, make the cheesecake filling. In a small bowl, beat together the cream cheese, powdered sugar and milk, until smooth. If it seems too thick, add a splash more milk.
- Spoon the cheesecake mixture into a piping bag with a star tip. If you don’t have a piping bag, scoop it into a large Ziploc bag and snip off the corner. Remove the strawberries from the freezer and pipe in the cheesecake filling. Top with a slivered almond and serve or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Chocolate Dipped Cheesecake Filled Strawberries,