By Christie Vanover | Published January 2, 2014 | Last Updated December 28, 2022
This is a really easy breakfast with leftovers. It’s similar to a crustless quiche, but it has airy texture like a soufflé. And it’s finished off with a cheesy cracker crumble for added texture.
The beauty of this dish is that it can be made a limitless number of ways based on the leftovers you have on hand. Just use 1 ½ cups of any combination of leftovers you like, plus ½ cup of a complementing cheese. You could use all veggies or even go all meat.
Here are some combos that would taste great:
|1 cup salmon
½ cup asparagus
½ cup Parmesan cheese
|1 cup ham
¼ cup spinach
¼ cup mushrooms
½ cup Swiss cheese
|1 cup steak
¼ cup jalapenos
¼ cup onions
½ cup pepperjack cheese
I had some leftover holiday ham and a fridge full of peppers, so New Year’s Day, I combined ham, red bell pepper, Anaheim pepper, tomatoes and Gruyère cheese. It was a hit.
The cracker crumble is also versatile. Just use whatever crackers you have on hand. I used a combo of Ritz and Club crackers, but Saltines, Triscuits or any other kind will work, too.
We finished it off with a few squirts of Sriracha for extra Zestuousness and served with a side of fruit.
Breakfast with Leftovers
- 1 cup 210 grams milk
- ½ cup 65 grams all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. Mrs. Dash Original Blend
- 1 cup 130 grams leftover meat, chopped (ham, chicken, turkey, steak)
- ½ cup 70 grams vegetables, chopped (onions, peppers, asparagus, tomatoes)
- ½ cup 40 grams shredded cheese
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- ⅓ cup 25 grams crackers, crushed
- ¼ cup 20 grams shredded cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425F degrees (220C)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk and flour until smooth. Add the eggs and seasoning and continue to whisk until well blended.
- Stir in the meat, vegetables and cheese.
- In another bowl, mix together the melted butter, crushed crackers and remaining cheese.
- Butter a pie pan (or spray with cooking spray). Pour the egg mixture into the pan. Then, evenly spread on the crushed crackers.
- Place in a preheated 425F (220C)-degree oven for 25 minutes. The edges will brown and the center will be firm instead of wiggly when moved.
- Slice and serve warm.
The nutrition information is an estimate created using an online nutrition calculator