By Christie Vanover | Published June 3, 2012 | Last Updated December 28, 2022
These shrimp are light and fresh, but they have a zesty kick. They’re perfect for your beach party BBQ or just a night out in the backyard.
They’re marinated in Corona and fresh jalapeno, but I also added buttermilk to mellow out the bite, so they’re not super spicy. You could also try Bud Light with Lime or Michelob Ultra Lime Cactus instead of Corona.
A fresh jalapeno ring around the outside gives them added color and a pop of flavor.
Corona Jalapeno Shrimp
- 8 fresh jalapenos
- 2 bottles Corona
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 lbs. shrimp
- lime juice
- Mince two jalapenos and combine with corona, buttermilk and salt.
- Slice the remaining 4 jalapenos and core out the seeds and membranes. Slip a shrimp through a jalapeno slice and skewer (optional).
- Place the shrimp in a 13 x 9 pan.
- Pour the marinade on top, and let the shrimp soak in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Heat the grill on high, remove the shrimp from the Corona and grill 2-3 minutes per side, or until pink.
- Drizzle with fresh lime juice and sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
The nutrition information is an estimate created using an online nutrition calculator