By Christie Vanover | Published January 21, 2012 | Last Updated December 28, 2022
I love Hawaiian Bread, and I love French Toast. King’s Hawaiian bread is so soft and delicately sweet, their one-pound round loaf makes a perfect quick weekend breakfast.
And with homemade Strawberry Maple Syrup, you don’t need to hop in the car and head to the local pancake house.
Keep your jammies on a little longer on this cold winter day.
Hawaiian French Toast with Strawberry Maple Syrup
- 1 lb. King’s Hawaiian Sweet Round Bread
- 4 eggs
- ⅓ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 4 pats butter
Strawberry Maple Syrup
- ½ cup strawberry jam
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Slice the bread into 8 thick pieces. Then, slice each piece in half.
- In the bread tin, whisk together the eggs, milk, 2 tablespoons syrup, cinnamon and salt.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Melt 2 pats of butter in the pan.
- One at a time, dip the bread slices into the egg batter. Place in the skillet.
- Cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove from pan. Add more butter to the pan and cook the remaining slices.
- Place the jam and ¼ cup syrup in a saucepot. Heat over medium-high heat until the jam is melted. Pour over French toast.
This estimate was created using an online nutrition calculator
Show Me the StarsDid you love it? Be sure to leave a rating and comment.
This looks delicious! Definitely a Saturday morning delight 🙂
Simply Tia says
This is beautiful, sounds like a great combination of flavors. Thanks for a wonderful recipe. Now I just have to go find hawaiian bread!
Tia, I’m not sure where you live, but I have found it in most grocery stores in America in the bread aisle (even Wal-Mart). It comes in a bright orange bag..
wok with ray says
Using Hawaiian bread for the French toast is a great idea! Looks delicious! 🙂
Thanks Ray! Have a great week.
Verónica Cake says
I love french toast! my recipe is very similar to yours so i´m sure it is delicious!!
Thanks. I’m going to go check out your site now.