By Christie Vanover | Published May 19, 2013 | Last Updated December 28, 2022
This is the best summer chicken recipe I’ve ever created. It’s bursting with fresh citrus flavor and is super juicy thanks to the thin pancetta.
Pancetta is Italian bacon. It has that bacon-like smokiness we all love and just the right pork belly mix of fat and meat. Because it’s sliced much thinner, it cooks up fast and crispy on the grill.
The crispy smokiness punched with the citrus and a hint of rosemary just screams summer. This will definitely become a weekly summer recipe in the Zestuous house.
For a quick, easy side dish, make a little extra marinade for eggplant, zucchini or asparagus. Toss the marinated veggies on the grill while you prepare the chicken. Super summery and delicious!
Lemon Pancetta Chicken
- 1 - 1 ½ lbs. chicken breasts
- 1 lemon
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. course ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. dried rosemary
- 3-4 ozs. sliced pancetta
- Cut the chicken into about 2-inch cubes. Place in a bowl. Zest and juice the lemon. Add the zest and juice to the chicken with the olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper and rosemary. Toss to coat.
- Tear each pancetta slice in half and wrap around a chicken cube.
- Skewer the wrapped chicken onto kabob sticks.
- Grill on medium heat for 14 minutes (7 minutes per side). Serve.
This estimate was created using an online nutrition calculator