This post may contain affiliate links which help support Zestuous.
This dip is made with bright, flavorful jarred peppers and capers and a hint of Mediterranean spices.
What really rounds out the flavors though is the use of Saucy Mama’s Dirty Martini Olive Juice. This juice is a little sour like vinegar, but it has a bold umami richness that brings down the punch of the peppers.
The juice is typically used for martinis with some gin and vermouth, but I’m in love with it for cooking. You can use it like chicken broth to flavor rice, mashed potatoes or pasta. Or, use it as a new twist to recipes that call for vinegar.
The base of this dip is very versatile. Once you pulse together the peppers, capers, juice and spices, you have a gorgeous bright red pepper sauce. If you like, stop here and pour this on freshly grilled lamb, chicken or pork chops or toss it in freshly cooked pasta.
In the mood for dip, then continue on and fold in 16 ozs. of sour cream or Greek yogurt. It makes a creamy, tangy dip that goes great with warm naan or pita chips.
Roasted Red Pepper Dip
- ½ cup roasted red peppers
- ¼ cup peperoncinis
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon Saucy Mama Smoky Garlic Mustard
- ¼ cup Saucy Mama Dirty Martini Olive Juice
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. oregano
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- 16 ozs. sour cream or Greek yogurt
- Kosher salt
- Garlic powder
- In a food processor, pulse together all of the ingredients (except the sour cream).
- At this point, you can use the red pepper sauce on meat or pasta.
- Fold the red pepper mix into 16 ozs. or sour cream.
- Place naan on a pan and spritz with water. Sprinkle with salt and garlic powder. Bake in a 400-degree oven for 4-5 minutes.
- Cut the naan in wedges and serve with the dip.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.