By Christie Vanover | Published October 31, 2014 | Last Updated July 15, 2018
What do you do with all of those seeds that you scoop out of the pumpkin? Add bacon, of course.
These Bacon Pumpkin Seeds have a hint of sweetness, a touch of BBQ and the perfect crunch.
If pumpkins go on sale after Halloween, I highly recommend you buy them up and make a few batches of this because, as my one-year-old niece said after eating them, “I love bacon.” And her four-year-old brother kept running back to the bowl saying, “I can’t stop eating these.” The adults didn’t say a word. Their mouths were too full of Bacon Pumpkin Seeds.
Happy Halloween Zesties!
Bacon Pumpkin Seeds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds use:
- 1 slice bacon chopped
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- ¼ tsp. barbecue spice rub I used Rudy's
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Pull the seeds from the pumpkin and rinse them off.
- In a bowl, mix the seeds, bacon, brown sugar and rub.
- Pour the mixture onto a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. Spread out.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Stir with a spatula. Bake for another 5 minutes. Keep an eye on them so they don’t burn.
- Remove from the oven and scoop onto a paper towel-lined plate to drain the extra grease.
- Place in a serving bowl and enjoy.
This estimate was created using an online nutrition calculator