By Christie Vanover | Published February 11, 2015 | Last Updated December 29, 2022
To me, the perfect chocolate chip cookie is soft and chewy and oozes with melted chocolate. What could make that better? Extra chocolate and peanut butter, of course.
These Chocolate Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are triple-packed with chocolate. The dough has both melted bittersweet chocolate and unsweetened cocoa powder along with bittersweet chocolate chips.
I prefer bittersweet dark chocolate because it allows the pure essence of chocolate to stand out. You’re welcome to use milk chocolate instead, if that’s your chocolate of choice.
These cookies have the added touch of peanut butter because chocolate + peanut butter = happiness. You can even add a half-cup of nuts to the dough if that would make you happy happy happy.
What’s great about this recipe is that the cookies will stay soft and chewy even after they’ve cooled, but I love eating them straight from the oven while the chocolate chips are still melted.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ¼ cup 60 grams peanut butter
- 1 cup 115 grams softened butter
- ⅓ cup 50 grams melted bittersweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup 100 grams granulated sugar
- ½ cup 80 grams dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. 5 grams vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ 230 grams cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup 25 grams unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsps. 7 grams cornstarch
- 1 tsp. 6 grams baking soda
- ½ tsp. 3 grams salt
- 1 cup 165 grams bittersweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 C).
- In a stand mixer (or using a hand mixer), cream together the peanut butter, butter, melted chocolate and sugars. Add in the egg and vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- Mix in the flour, cocoa powder, cornstarch, baking soda and salt, until combined.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Roll dough into one-inch balls. Place on a silpat-lined baking sheet and press down to slightly flatten. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool for a couple of minutes. Enjoy.
This estimate was created using an online nutrition calculator
TIP: To melt chocolate, place it in a small bowl and microwave in 15-second intervals for about 1 minute and 15 seconds, depending on your microwave.