This post may contain affiliate links which help support Zestuous.
The best way to make fresh summer corn is with the microwave oven. Ready in under 10 minutes, this easy recipe transforms cobs of corn into buttery juicy masterpieces.
Savor the taste of sweet, juicy corn on the cob with our quick and easy microwave method. Enjoy delicious corn, perfectly cooked in minutes.
Table of Contents
Making perfect corn on the cob in the microwave
Sometimes, I shuck the corn silk off of the ears of corn, slather the cob with butter and reshape the husk around the cob. Then, I bake it in the oven or on the grill for about 45 minutes.
I’ve also grilled corn with a mixture of mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese, which is quite tasty.
But now, I have a new, quick way to make perfect corn on the cob. The microwave method.
Cooking corn on the cob in a microwave is the quickest way to cook corn on the cob. Plus, you don’t need a boiling pot of water. Just a microwave, a moist paper towel and a microwave-safe plate.
It’s an easy way to make the perfect side dish to accompany any main dish you like. I guarantee this cooking method will become your favorite way to make juicy corn whenever you want.
Sweet Microwave Corn on the Cob
- 2 cobs fresh corn
- 2 tsp butter
- pinch kosher salt
- pinch black pepper
- Prep: Place 2-3 ears of shucked corn on the cob on a paper plate.
- Wet: Place two large paper towels under running water; then squeeze out the extra liquid. Loosely wrap the wet paper towels around the cobs.
- Microwave: Microwave two cobs for 7 minutes or three cobs for 8 minutes.
- Season: Remove from the microwave. Slather with butter and season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
- Cobs of fresh corn: Corn can be found in the produce section of your grocery store. Sometimes it’s sold with the husks covering the cobs, and sometimes they’re already shucked. Either work with this recipe.
- Butter: You can use any type of butter you like. I prefer the flavor of salted sticks of butter like Kerrygold. But spreadable or even squeezable butter are good, too.
- Kosher Salt: Just like the butter, any type of salt is fine. I prefer the large grains of kosher salt. If you use table salt, just use a little smaller pinch.
- Black Pepper
See the full recipe card for servings and a full list of ingredients.
How to make microwave corn on the cob
- PREP: Place 2-3 ears of shucked corn on the cob on a paper plate.
- WET: Place two large paper towels under running water, then squeeze out the extra liquid. Loosely wrap each damp paper towel around the corn cobs.
- MICROWAVE: Microwave two cobs for 7 minutes or 3 cobs for 8 minutes.
✔️ PRO TIP
Depending on the size of the corn and the wattage of your microwave, you may have to adjust the cook time.
- SEASON: Remove the cooked corn from the microwave. Discard the wet paper towel. Slather with butter and season with salt and pepper.
How to serve microwave corn on the cob
Serve up your delicious corn with some pork barbecue, smoked turkey legs, coleslaw, potato salad or some juicy ribs.
Leftover microwave sweet corn on the cob can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days. It can also be frozen for up to 4 months. Just make sure to freeze it without the seasonings.
Frequently Asked Questions
Place your leftover corn cob on a microwaveable plate in 30-second increments until heated.
Yes. If you don’t feel like shucking corn husks, you can spring for pre-shucked corn.
Not at all. Feel free to use your favorite seasonings. Some great options are chili powder, paprika and garlic powder.